Introduction

About Me:

Growing up I always had an interest in Aviation. My father was in the military for the entirety of my life in which he flew helicopters. I would hear stories about his deployments and the different operations he conducted while in the Army. Fast forward to my sophomore year, I was an animation major here at Purdue. I was struggling in the program and was not sure what I wanted to do with my education anymore. It was then that I discovered the UAS program. I was never interested in the concept of drones until I began taking classes in the UAS major which combined both of my two passions, computer science and aviation. During my first few classes I fell in love with the amount of versatility and utility that drones can offer. This sparked me to pursue this major full force in hopes to push what this ever changing industry can do. As the rest of my education continues, I hope to discover more in the area of geographic information. AT 309 focuses on using data collected via unmanned systems and developing it in order to process meaningful and clear data for various operations. This is the area of UAS that I am most interested in and I will continue to strive for more knowledge and a better understanding of geospatial data.


Blog Critiques:

1. Ricky Vogel: https://rvogeluas.blogspot.com/

Ricky's blog is very well organized. I like the fact that everything is easily visible and accessible. The color scheme is easy on the eyes and not difficult to follow. All of his links work correctly and send the user to a different page instead of an extension of the home page. This allows for specific sections of the blog to be sent to a user without the viewer having to search for the section once they click the link. The one thing that I do not like about the blog is the header photo. This photo is nice and is high resolution but almost feels as though it interferes with the title and page headers too much. However, overall, his blog is what gave me the most inspiration in regards to layout.


2. Tristan Bungen: https://tristanflies.blogspot.com/

I love the title on this blog. It is very in your face but in a good way. It presents what the blog is about and who wrote it without having to search around. My first complaint upfront is the pages section. The page names are a little too close together and are hard to distinguish which ones are there. This made a little hard to navigate. However, the actual content of his blog is really well done. All of the posts are easy to distinguish from each other and it is easy to read.


3. Delaney Beale: https://delaneybeale.blogspot.com/

Delaney's blog is overall well done. The page headers are well organized and I can easily tell which is which so navigation was smooth. My biggest complaint about this blog is the background photo. The color scheme along side the picture makes it a little hard to look but overall it does not make the actual content hard to view. Each post on the page has good information and pictures but they lack some sort of structure. It almost seems as though they are listed on one long page and not actually separated. There is hardly any clear distinction on the sections of each post.


4. Cole Bramel: https://cbuas.blogspot.com/

This blog is one that I would not generally take time to look through. While it is important to express personal design, it is also important that you make the blog easy to read for possible employers or even just casual viewers. The overall color scheme is very busy and almost takes away from the rest of the blog. Upon my first launch of the web page, the bring pink floral pattern was the first thing that I noticed straight away. However, besides the color scheme. The posts and the section headers are quite easy to ready. They are very distinguished and I know when I am done reading one post and about to move on to the next.


5. Kaleb Gould: https://kagould.blogspot.com/

Overall this blog is very similar to Tristan's which I viewed earlier in this section. The color scheme and the layout is very similar and overall not terribly hard to follow. Each post is very easy to distinguish and there is a lot of good information in each post. However, my one complaint about the posts is that the sections of each post such as "description" and "about" are not clearly defined. While this does not cause a huge issue, a viewer can definitely tell the difference, it does make it easier on the eyes and flows better if there was a clear distinction when the writer is moving on from the introduction and on to the actual data and information of the work they conducted.

Comments